Our whole family loves writing on our chalkboards. From holidays to birthdays to sweet messages to each other.
Thursday, June 27, 2013
Sunday, January 13, 2013
Thought this was something neat to share on weather lore.
My parents taught me this saying when we would have a beautiful sunset in The Bahamas. Red sky at night, sailor's delight, Red sky at morning, sailors take warning.
It is neat the different wording on weather lore depending on where you are.
Morning red gives wet days,
Evening red gives sweet days"
Morgenrøde gir dage bløde.
Kveldsrøde gir dage søde.
True lore, and why Red sky at night
A red sunset probably means dry weather the next day.
- Red sky at night, sailor's delight,
- Red sky at morning, sailors take warning.
- Red sky at night, shepherd's delight,
- Red sky in morning, shepherd's warning.
- Morgenrøde gir dage bløde.
- Kveldsrøde gir dage søde.
- Rosso di sera, bel tempo si spera,
- rosso di mattina mal tempo si avvicina.
- Avondrood, morgen mooi weer aan boord,
- Ochtendrood, vanavond water in de sloot.
- Rouge le soir, bel espoir,
- Rouge le matin, de la pluie en chemin.
- Matthew 16:2b–3 -- [Jesus] replied, [to some Pharisees and Sadducees that wanted to "test" him by asking him to show them a sign from heaven]
- "When evening comes, you say,
- 'It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.'
- And in the morning,
- 'Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.'
- You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times."
- Like a red morn that ever yet betokened,
- Wreck to the seaman, tempest to the field,
- Sorrow to the shepherds, woe unto the birds,
- Gusts and foul flaws to herdmen and to herds.
- Link on weather lore - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_lore
Saturday, January 12, 2013
I have a thing for pinecones...
Love gathering pinecones from the forest to warm our home in the chilly months.
Some of my colors
Christmas decorations are put away and the house looks naked with no red to see...But we do decorate for Valentine's Day so some red will be back in the picture next month.
I just put away the rest of the Christmas dishes and put my bright fiestaware back in the cabinet.
Needless to say, I am ready for spring! Wait I have 3 more months for that beautiful season to come.
We always have fun when it's - Family Game Night.
I too love the snow and winter, but I'm ready to get back to my yard.
Do you switch up your fireplace decor by season or holiday?
Ha en fin lørdag! Have a great saturday!
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. Psalm 20:4
Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the LORD God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is. Hate evil, love good; maintain justice in the courts. Perhaps the LORD God Almighty will have mercy on the remnant of Joseph. — Amos 5:14-15